Friday, November 16, 2012

Trunk-or-Treat!

 


 This year Halloween was fun and busy!  The primary was in charge of the ward trunk-or-treat which made life a little crazy for me.  We decided to do some minute-to-win-it games which turned out to be loads of fun, but lots of work! We also did donuts and cidar, a costume parade, and of course the trunk-or-treat.  We had a good number of trunks this year, probably the most I've ever seen for our ward and it was pretty fun for the kids.  I was also busy this Halloween because I made David's costume.  He is OBSESSED with Thomas the Train and I found a cool idea online to make a Thomas costume out of boxes. I'm not exactly sure how long it took me to make because I just did parts here and there when the kids were asleep or napping mostly, but it was absolutely worth it when he saw it and put it on!  He was SO happy!  Becca was a duck (the same costume David wore for his first Halloween) and she was adorable!  I didn't get any pictures of Brett and I, but we dressed up as Sir Topham Hatt and Lady Hatt (from Thomas and Friends).  On Halloween we entered a costume contest at the local Kings (which we didn't place in, but that's okay) went to trick or treating on Bisch's Street (a local motor home business in town brings a bunch of motor homes to the KMart parking lot where the park in a big circle, other businesses from town occupy each trailer and you bring canned food to donate to trick or treat around the trailers), and did a little trick or treating around the neighborhood.  The kids had a lot of fun.  David kept asking to go to just one more door and would say "trunk or treat" instead of trick or treat because we had been trunk or treating the night before. He also calls pumpkins and particularly jack-o-laterns "punkiweens."
David in his Thomas the Train Costume
David wearing his Thomas conductor hat
\
Becca loved her costume, it was so soft and cuddly
My cute little ducky!

No comments:

Post a Comment