Sunday, November 4, 2012

Primary

Today I am grateful for my calling. I am in the Primary Presidency and am so blessed to work with an amazing Primary President and presidency, many wonderful teachers, cub scout leaders, music chorister, pianist, achievement day leaders, nursery leaders, and primary children! I am in awe at how many wonderful people it takes to make a primary work and how wonderful the people who make it work are.  The ladies I work with in the presidency have taught me many things and the children have made me more than ever come to realize what Christ meant when he said we must "be converted, and become as little children" (Matthew 18:3).  This month I am teaching Gospel Instruction (for those of you who haven't been in Primary for awhile this is the new name for Sharing Time) and today I prepared a game for the Junior Primary children. After church, as I was walking out to my car, one sweet little girl in our ward walked past me and said to me "That game today was fun!" It was a simple gesture, but it meant the world to me. What a sweet example of how a simple comment of thanks and appreciation can lift someone and show them the light of Christ. I am grateful that my son has wonderful nursery leaders and that my children will have the opportunity to be blessed by many great primary leaders that will help us to reinforce the things we are teaching in our home and help them to learn choose the right and love the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment