Friday, November 2, 2012

Home Canned Food

Today I am grateful for the ability I have to can some of our own food. I have been working on canning applesauce this week and it has been a great deal of work with my 2 young children + 2 young children I babysit running around. It has been a slow process (which is not even close to over yet). I have really enjoyed canning and I get so excited when I finish at how much food we have saved for the winter.  I especially love canning things that we have grown in our garden and greatly appreciate when I can get food from friends and neighbors to can. Sometimes while in the middle of busy canning times I get overwhelmed with the amount of work I have to do and how much time it takes, but I frequently remind myself of the blessings this food brings to our family all year round and am very grateful that I have such yummy wholesome food for us to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment