Monday, July 30, 2012

Basket Bed

Oh how I love my sweet little boy!  For a while now we have been waking up to a surprise every morning. . . David will wake up in the middle of the night (or just sleep walk), wander out of his room, and fall asleep in some random places in the house--the couch, the recliner, the floor, and even the suitcase once when I had started packing for our trip the next day the night before and left it to be finished the next morning.  A couple of weeks ago I was doing laundry before bed and left some laundry baskets in the front room.  Guess what we found the next morning?  Yep, sure enough!  Found our little boy asleep in the laundry basket.  The next day that's where he wanted to nap and go to sleep at night.  If I tell him to sleep in his bed he'll tell me "No bed mom, basket bed!"  So I put a pillow in the basket and moved it into his bedroom. This last weekend we went to my parents' house and we had to borrow one of Grandma O's laundry baskets for a basket bed.  Silly little boy LOVES it!!  I just hope he decides to sleep in a real bed before he's a 6' sixteen year old boy.  Might be hard finding a laundry basket big enough for a teenager!  :)
Oh yeah, and as you can see it's not just my silly boy in the basket, he takes his toys, doggy, blanket, and books all in the basket with him.  How he can fit it all in there and still get some sleep I don't know, but he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment