Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Little Late. . .

I know I write about David at lot. It's kind of my way of documenting since I haven't had time to scrapbook and I'm struggling at keeping up with the baby book! . . . But I figure no one could get tired of hearing about our cute little guy, can they?!? Well, I've tried to post monthly so that I can remember the cute and fun things our little guy is doing every month. Our little guy turned 7 months old a week and a half ago and since I started back to work life has gotten away with me! I am only working part time (mornings) which has been nice and a neighbor is babysitting which makes me feel better about leaving David, but I still just feel SO busy. We also had a little DRAMA this last week (the teacher who I was job sharing with quit and so we're currently teacher-less in the afternoon) and that has been a little stressful and difficult, but it's getting better and hopefully we should have a new teacher hired soon! Brett's also back at school and SuPeR busy with teaching and football!

Here are a few "accomplishments" of our little man during his 7th month:

-David learned to stand up (there's a previous post about that) and is working hard on standing on his own, but that usually doesn't end well for him (conking his head on the floor)! :)
-He became a good little crawler. He's EVERYWHERE with his cute little bum in the air!! He climbs everything, climbs over everything, pulls things off the shelves, and hauls things all over the house.
-David learned how to get down from standing up, to cruise around furniture, walls, cabinets, drawers, shelves, toys, and pretty much anything he can find, and sit himself up.
-He learned to pick toys up from the floor while standing
-Finally started saying da, da, da, da, da (boy is his dad happy about that!!) :)
-He eats like a champ!! He LOVES solids and eats 2 containers of baby food at each meal and always wants MORE!! (Even though you couldn't tell because he's still a skinny little guy!) He's also become pretty good at feeding himself some finger foods.
-He bounces to music and when he's happy or excited. He also bounces his bum when he's mad at me because I'm trying to put his diaper on or dress him!
-He waves and says ba, ba, ba, ba (probably not really intentional and hardly ever on cue, but cute non the less!!)
-He LOVES to give high five (something his dad's been working on with him for months). That is totally intentional and on cue.

We are so in love with our little guy and enjoy our happy little "boogs" so much! He has been such a joy in our family and we couldn't imagine life without him. He is such a good boy and generally happy. His laugh is priceless and can put a smile on our faces no matter the circumstances. He's so busy and active (such a "BOY") and keeps us on our toes! I lost my camera, so I don't have a lot of pictures (so sad) but I have a few to share. . .



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about work, i hope you work that out soon. I love updates on you all especially david! I love the pics, especially the one of him under his covers with his bum out. Hope you're all doing well. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to put a pic on here of little blue bear in his pajamas

    ReplyDelete