We had a happy and busy holiday season! I don't think I can even being to share all of our excitement from the holidays, but hopefully I can hit on some of the highlights! The first weekend in December we went on our annual Christmas tree hunt.
Brett pulling David in the sled.
Little boy in his snow clothes
Sweet girl in her snow clothes
We found our Christmas tree!
Cutting down our tree and hauling it back to the car
Us with our Christmas tree before we tied it to the top of the car. David was so excited to drive up to the mountains, get in his snow clothes, trudge through the snow (although there wasn't too much of that), cut down a Christmas tree with his scissors, and tie it to the top of our car to bring it home and set it up INSIDE! (He was so excited that he wasn't even disappointed when we didn't let him cut it down with his scissors!)
We took the kids to see Santa Clause in the mall. David was pretty excited about Santa this year and has really started to figure out what he is all about. He was not afraid of Santa at all and went right up to him and started telling him about his Thomas underwear (Sorry Santa, that's what you get with a little potty training boy obsessed with Thomas the Train.) Becca on the other hand was TERRIFIED of him. She wanted nothing to do with him and would not sit on his lap! She even fought me to sit down by him and take a picture (hence the reason I'm in the picture and her shirt is up to her arm pits!)
We had such a nice time going to the annual Webb Christmas party (sorry, no pictures), but had an even better time getting together with Brett's family the weekend before Christmas for the first time with 8 grandbabies (3 and under!) It was crazy and so fun!
Grandma and Grandpa D with all 8 grandkids!
We were so excited to have Grandma and Grandpa Oliver come visit us for Christmas! They came up Christmas Eve and spent Christmas morning with us. The kids were so excited and always love having grandma and grandpa visit!
The kids with the picnic table I made for them for Christmas! Yep, I'm a woodworker now. Such a fun project and a definite adventure for me.
The kids with the tent I made for them for Christmas. Another fun project... I had no pattern for this one, just an idea from another blogger and some pictures, but it was so fun to figure out.
Becca with her Christmas stash. She's wearing the cute owl hat I made for her. Isn't she adorable?
David with his Christmas stash. Notice his cute Thomas the Train hat I made for him (Did I mention that he's a little obsessed?)
We ended our holiday break with a fun filled weekend to Bear Lake with my Older Sis and her family and some friends and their families. We rented a cabin, ate lots of good food and snacks, played games, watched movies, and just relaxed together! We had a CRAZY fun time! ...And I mean CRAZY... There were three 5-yr-old girls, four 2 & 3-yr-old boys, one 1-yr-old, and three babies. After spending a few days with three 5-yr-old girls Brett informed Becca that she is not allowed to turn into a 5-yr-old girl. I'm sure she will oblige. ;) It was so much fun and such a wonderful way to end a great year and bring in another!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Here's to a happy, healthy, and wonderful 2013!



No comments:
Post a Comment