I read and quite enjoyed the first presidency message in the December Ensign called "The Choice to Be Grateful" (some of you may be familiar with it) by President Eyring. At the end there was a challenge to write 100 things you are grateful for, 10 categories with the challenge to write 10 items for each category. So, in honor of my Thanksgiving post, here it goes.
I am thankful for. . .
PHYSICAL ABILITIES
LIVING PEOPLE
DECEASED PEOPLE
NATURE
THINGS ABOUT TODAY
MODERN INVENTIONS
FOODS
THINGS ABOUT THE GOSPEL
The Temple and being sealed to my husband forever with the opportunity to have a
FOREVER FAMILY
That I can See
MATERIAL POSSESSIONSHear
Touch
Smell
Taste
The ability to play the piano
Singing
That I can walk (and even run! Gotta keep up with the munchkins!)
That I can breastfeed my children (maybe a little personal, but I feel so blessed to enjoy this part of motherhood)
SLEEP (boy do I LOVE the ability to sleep)
Home Sweet Home
2 Cars that work
My Scriptures (and scriptures on my phone!)
Pictures, can't get enough of those cute kids
My bed. . . mmmmmmm, sleep!
Phone, how else would I talk to my momma
The bathtub
Piano (okay, so I don't really own one, but I would love to and I still appreciate pianos that I don't own as long as I can play them.)
Computer
My wedding ring, a reminder of a wonderful man and an amazing promise!
LIVING PEOPLE
The most WONDERFUL, AMAZING man I know--My husband, Brett
Two great children. . . David
and Rebecca
My mom, what a wonderful example of who I want to be for my children
My Dad
My Mother-In-Law
and Father-In Law
and Father-In Law
President Tomas S. Monson
Grandpa Saywer (my mom's dad)
Grandpa Webb (Brett's mom's dad)
. . . this list could have gone on FOREVER with long explanations of why I appreciate each of these wonderful people. . .
Jesus Christ, My Savior
Joseph Smith, the prophet of the restoration
Grandma Sawyer
Grandpa Oliver
and Grandma Oliver
and Grandma Oliver
"Grandma" Sharleen Rodgers
and "Grandpa" Jerry Rodgers
and "Grandpa" Jerry Rodgers
President Ezra Taft Benson
Emma Smith
Abraham Lincoln
NATURE
Mountains
Pine Trees
Wild Flowers
Winter
Spring
Summer
Fall
Sunsets
Waterfalls
The smell of rain
THINGS ABOUT TODAY
Napping with my children
PLACES ON EARTHThat my family all came home safely
David saying prayers
Kisses and Hugs from my little David
David reading Becca books
David giving Becca hugs and kisses
Becca smiling, laughing, and talking to me
Family Prayers
Taking a bath
Relaxing with my family this evening
Twin Falls, ID--Home
South Jordan, UT--My parents home
Logan, UT--Utah State University
Raft River, ID--Brett's parents home
The hospital--modern medicine
Yellowstone and other national parks
Washington DC
The church house
Schools
Temple Square
DIAPERS!
Internet
Camera
Microwave
Oven
Fridge
Heater
Indoor Plumbing
Electricity
Dishwasher
FOODS
Milk
Cheese
Yogurt
Ice Cream
Fruit Snacks
Raspberries
Brazil Nuts
Chicken Filled Dumplings
Pizza
Water
THINGS ABOUT THE GOSPEL
The Temple and being sealed to my husband forever with the opportunity to have a
FOREVER FAMILY
The Book of Mormon
The Doctrine and Covenants
Relief Society
Priesthood and Priesthood Blessings
Being able to serve and callings
Personal Revelation
Miracles
Prayer
The Atonement of Jesus Christ, the Greatest Gift of All



No comments:
Post a Comment