Monday, January 30, 2012

Funnies From the Little Fellow :)

Decided it was time for a little update on David (although a BIG update is on it's way. . . the little man turns 2 next month!!!!!!!) David is a CHARACTER! Some of the things he is doing and saying recently. . .


David learned how to climb INTO the crib. . . so much for the little ones sharing a room. One morning I woke up to some noise in the kids room. As I walk into the room I see David jumping in Rebecca's crib, which he quickly stops and jumps out of the crib. Uh oh, TROUBLE! Another night I wake up to both Rebecca and David crying/screaming. I go into their room to find David laying in the crib next to Rebecca, both awake screaming at each other. After a few of these types of incidents we decided it was time to move the crib until Rebecca gets a little bigger and can fend for herself.


Brett gets David up every morning and get him dressed and ready to go to the babysitter. One morning this last week, Brett went into David's room to wake him up. The night before I had put him in bed, waited until he fell asleep and then closed the door. Nothing unusual. . . so when Brett went in and I heard his confusion I had to go in to see what was up! Brett had found David sleeping in only his diaper! I found his pajamas sitting on the shelf with his toys! The silly boy had undressed sometime between when I closed his door and when Brett woke him up and shoved his clothes onto the shelf. When I asked him why he took his clothes off he told me "back hurt." Not exactly sure what that meant, but whatever crazy boy!


David has become OBSESSED with holding his sister! He LOVES her and always wants to hold her, play with her, talk to her, help her, etc. He'll always tell me "Momma, I hold her." He'll sit down, get his blanket, and tell me where to put her. Sometimes I wonder if it's possible for a baby to be loved TOO much. David likes to lay down next to Rebecca, talk to her, and share his toys with her. Just last night he brought over his big tractor and laid next to her and showed Rebecca his tractor. He told her ALL about it! Another day, David 'helped' Rebecca roll over and over all the way across the room. When I told him he couldn't do that because he could hurt her he told me "Momma, Becca turning." Luckily she just smiled and laughed through the whole thing (not always her response to his adoration, but it is a quite frequent response luckily)!


David really enjoys looking at pictures of our families and naming all of the people in them (or making me name them for him). The first person he finds, no matter which side of the family we're looking at, is ALWAYS grandpa. He'll point, laugh, smile, and say, "Gampa, gampa." He loves his grandmas and grandpas. He'll look in our cell phones for their pictures and has been known to call them a few times. This week my mom is coming up to help out and babysit because I'm working some extra hours at work and then this weekend we will be seeing Brett's parents for our nephew's first birthday, so we've been talking about Grandma and Grandpa a lot. David started saying, "Grandma, come back home." It's so cute! He truly misses his grandmas and grandpas and can't wait until he gets to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment