Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CrAzY Eights!!!


So our little guy is eight months old! And he is CRAZIER than ever! Last week Brett was playing with David after school one day and said,"I think he's getting crazier and crazier every day!" I think that he's right. David is so energetic and wild! But TONS of fun and definitely makes us laugh!
This month's highlights include
-He keeps getting better and better at cruisin'. He is also getting more adventurous. He moves from one piece of furniture to the next, moves from furniture to mom, pulls himself up on toys and chairs, and tries to climb on everything!
-He stands up by himself for a short time . . . and he loves to practice it. He pulls himself up on something (ANYTHING, walls, couches, toys, people) then he lets go, stands up for a minute, then falls down on his bum, laughs and does it again! I don't think we are far away from walking.
-He loves to laugh! It's definitely the cutest thing ever! He thinks everything is funny, but especially himself! He thinks that he is the best thing since slice bread (and we agree with him)!
-He loves peek-a-boo and even pulls the blanket over his head and then takes it down and laughs and laughs and laughs.
-He's got a new bunch of fun noises including grunting, growling and this funky noise he makes in which he sticks out his tongue, pulls back his head and blows through his nose. I don't know how to describe it because it's quite strange, but I could hardly eat my dinner one night because he wouldn't stop doing it and I was laughing SO hard!
-Still no sign of teeth and I'm not complaining. . .

As for the rest of us (Brett and me). I canned a bathtub full of tomatoes last weekend.
It took me 2 FULL days and I was glad to be done, but love the yummy goodness that we get to enjoy all year long.
I also tried my hand at making and canning salsa verde and I think it turned out pretty good.
David and I took a quick trip to SLC this week (my grandma died and we went to her funeral) and enjoyed time with Gma Oliver, Gpa Oliver, Uncle Paul, Aunt Teresa, and cousins Maya and Joel. It was nice to see everyone and spend a little time with them. Brett has continued to stay busy with football. Sadly, they haven't won a single game, but they have their last game tomorrow and Brett developed a stellar new play, The Thunder Cat, that's going to win the game for them!! :) David and I have had fun going to his games and watching, even if they haven't won. We've been to every home game and several away games. We will also be grateful to have our dad back for a couple of months before basketball starts! I'm also looking forward to Halloween and some cute pictures of David looking adorable in his costume. Happy FALL!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an he's going to be a handfull when he starts walking. He's such a funny little dude. Sorry about the football season brett. Can't wait to see the halloween pics. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete