Friday, January 14, 2011

Lovin' Eleven!

David hit his 11 month mark yesterday and can I just say. . . I am LOVING this age! He is so much fun and it is so great to see him learning new things every day; he's so smart! It's exciting to watch him grow and every age and stage he is in I think it's just the best ever. I get a little sad at times thinking my baby is growing up, but I have just loved every new milestone am so excited for each new day and the fun things we get to learn together! I have had several people tell me in the last week that they were excited to have their kids grow out of the "baby stage" and become more interactive and playful. I can't say that. . . I LOVED the baby stage and being able to cuddle my little guy and put him in my sling or wrap and carry him around with me. I loved just sitting and adoring this perfect, precious little one and rocking him in my arms. BUT I also can't say that I'm sad he's more independent and curious and BUSY either! It's so fun to see more and more of his little personality and to hear him laugh and to have him play and talk. It's exciting to be able to teach him and have him imitate things that we do. It's all so amazing!
Although I've written a lot this last month, I wanted to list some of his fun milestones. . .
-1st Christmas, traditions, 1st New Years. . .
-Another new tooth, this time on top. I thought for awhile we were going to have a 1 year old with no teeth, but now they seem to be coming in right on top of each other. He's not been very happy about his teeth coming in, but he's a sport despite the fevers, pain/fussiness, and runny noses.
-Walk, walk, walking--He's not a full time walker quite yet, but he's making some pretty good gains. He'll walk quite long distances (across a room for example), but at times he still falls or prefers crawling because he knows he's faster that way (especially when he's trying to escape or get away).
-We're still working on some signing and he's got several signs (please, more, eat, drink, please, thank you, all done, bye, dog) as well as more and more words (mama, dada, ball, bye bye, David, duck, bath)
-He finally mastered going down the stairs (and climbing off beds and couches and chairs, etc.) It was the funniest thing in the world. . . we have carpet in our bedroom and linoleum in our bathroom and for a good while David thought he needed to turn around and scoot to get over the "lip" between the two just like it was a step! I laughed so hard every time he did it so one day I wanted Brett to see, so I called him in. . . and of course, David just crawled right over it and has crawled over it ever since.
-David has started folding him arms for prayer and of course I think it's the cutest thing ever! He knows when he gets in his high chair before he can get he's got to fold his arms and we have to say prayers. He also folds his arms when we pray in the morning and at night and will even sometimes kneel like mommy and daddy. He's such a big boy!
This is his hiding place. . . whenever we're missing something we now know where to look first to find it. This is also his "mischievous" face. It's the look he gets when he thinks he's being sneaky or doing something he thinks he shouldn't be.
Playing with Grandma Oliver

Anyway, I guess that's all I can think of right now. I'm staying busy as always trying to be successful at being a teacher, mom, wife, homemaker, etc. David and I enjoy going to Brett's basketball games even though they haven't won one yet. . . we still have hope for them! We also go to many high school games as a family which is lots of fun. David really is so good at the games, but after awhile he wants to go out on the floor and play with the ball. At one of Brett's middle school games last week we went to talk to Brett and David saw the ball rack and was SO excited. Dad even got out a ball for him and he loved that. Brett is keeping super busy with work and coaching. He also gets in some fishing as often as he can and is a great help around the house and with David. As a little "Idaho politics" side note, we are apprehensive about our future as the governor gave his State of the State address and the state superintendent gave his educational address this last week and they are advocating for MAJOR changes in the educational system here in Idaho. I am not looking to open my blog up as a political forum or to discuss the recession and it economic effects and therefore will not be going on about my personal opinion on the matter, but rather am just stating there may be many changes in our future. . . I am so grateful we have a Heavenly Father to guide us and give us comfort through the changes in our lives as change is always a difficult thing for me whether the change is good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment