-David learned to roll from his back to his belly and figured out how much fun it was to roll ALL over the place!
-He can sit propped pretty well (when he wants to although he's much more content to be on the floor moving around and playing) and sits independently for up to about 10 seconds. Then he usually straightens himself out like a board or folds in half. :)
-He's decided that it's SO much fun to "wrestle" with his stuffed puppy. He grabs him and rolls over with him. It's the cutest darn thing ever!
-David also has started scooting/creeping and is figuring out how to get where he wants to go. It's been fun this last month to see that evolve and get a little smoother and more intentional. He LOVES to play on the floor and squeals, screams, laughs, and talks all while rolling, scooting, creeping, and playing all over the family room.
-I also gave in and started him on solids at just about 5 months old. I was so set on nursing exclusively until he was 6 months old, but David had a different idea on how things were going to go. A couple of months ago he became really interested in what we were doing when we sat down to eat, so we started putting him in his highchair when we sat down to eat and he LOVED to be with us. He shortly thereafter started to imitate chewing when he saw us eating, but was still just content. These last couple weeks he's gotten REALLY mad when we eat in front of him and grabs at our plates, silverware, and cups. Finally I got the clue and gave in. . . we started solids and he is a happy boy! He LOVES to eat (he must get that from his dad). His first food was bananas and he LOVES them! We also tried rice cereal which he doesn't fancy too much (I can get him to eat a few bites, but he's got his dad's preference for stronger flavors) and sweet potatoes, which he also LOVES! I never knew that mmmmmmmmmmm. . . was a natural behavior, not taught. When I give him a spoonful of bananas or sweet potatoes I'm never fast enough and before you know it he's getting excited and going "mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm!" It's so funny! I've also been working on homemade baby foods and so far all of his solids have been homemade. I've also worked on some Oat Cereal (which I think we'll try next to see if he likes that better than rice) and Peas because we picked our first batch from our garden, but will still be a little while before he can eat them. I just freeze them and they've turned out great. I try everything I make for him and have also gotten in the habit of freezing and defrosting a cube for myself just to check out how they freeze. So far it's all worked out great!
-Some other fun adventures this last months include a camping trip with the Darrington family, a trip to Big Sky Montana with the Oliver family, first fireworks (which he slept through, much to late for my baby who goes to bed between 8-9 PM), more swimming, some hiking, and a bit more fishing.
Here are some pictures:
"Darrington Camping Trip" with Uncle Terry and Aunt Nicole
Playing with cousins and Grandpa in Montana
Dancing on the Fourth of July with Dad at the Concert in Big Sky
Tired baby at the 4th of July fireworks. I can't believe he slept through all the loud noise!
Meeting Great-Grandpa Sawyer for the first time. David was due on Grandpa's 92nd birthday, but decided to come early.
Sitting up in the grass. He loves the grass and loves to try to eat it :)
"Wrestling" with his puppy dog.
Well, updates on the rest of us. . . we are enjoying our summer and time off. Brett finished summer school in June and is glad to be done working for a couple of months. He goes fishing most days and David and I join him occasionally. David and I enjoy our walks and I just love being home with him. The district hired someone to job share with me next year, so I am happy that I will be able to just do half days instead of full days next year. It will give me more time with David and for that I am always grateful. We also got our new church building which is only one block away and church changed to 11:30 AM (that may sound menial to all of you, but it is a big deal to go from a building 15 min away to a building 2 min away and from 2 pm church to 11:30 am church! We are SO happy and LOVE the new building). We are also loving visiting with family and friends during the summer. Traveling is always fun, but we are also happy to be at home sometimes (mostly because David doesn't sleep too well away from home!) I hope you are all enjoying the nice summer and air conditioning. . . isn't it a blessing in the middle of a hot day! :)



I always knew David would creep / crawl before Kendal. He'll have to push her along the next time we see each other. He's getting to old, where have our little babies gone? I'm happy to hear things are well, and you are all enjoying your summer. Food is always a funny thing with babies. I'm glad David isn't picky for you all. Love you loads, and we'll see you next month!
ReplyDelete