Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where Did The Past 2 Months Go?

David is 2 months old! Wow, where does time go? At about 4 weeks, David started with some baby acne. It spread to all over his body (face, hair, ears, neck, chest and back), so we called the doctor and they wanted to check him out so at about 6 weeks we went to the doctor. The rash was just baby acne and everything was fine, but while there the doctor heard a heart murmur. Being a first time mom and teacher of students with special needs, I worried!! Yesterday we went to David's 2 month check up. This time, no heart murmur (whew!). The doctor said they're really common and that they'll keep watching it, but that he heard NOTHING! What a relief. They also checked David's growth and he now weighs 10 lbs. 14 oz. and measures 23 inches long! He's still his daddy's boy (long and skinny, especially his legs), but he's growing well! David also got his shots. :( This was NOT a fun experience. He SCREAMED and yesterday, last night and this morning were full of a sad, sore baby. (I think the two of us maybe got 3 hours of sleep last night.) Thank goodness for Tylenol! Some happenings in David's 2nd month were his first fishing trip, first swimming experience, first Easter and Webb family party, and his baby blessing. We were so glad to have family and friends at his blessing. David's cousin is celebrating his 1st birthday on Saturday, but his dad will be out of town, so we baked him a birthday cake and celebrated after David's blessing. . .
Mmmmmmmmm. . . first birthday cake! Yummy!
I thought this was so cute, I had to share!

Here's some cute pictures of David from this month:
David cozy with dad in "the wrap"

The cutest laundry EVER! (Wouldn't you love laundry if it were this cute?)

"Mommy, where are my clothes?"

David's 1st Easter

What are you looking at? Just watching some TV! :)

Cousins with Great-Grandpa Webb and Lila


I love my doggy from Grandpa Oliver

Puppy Love! Doggy kisses!

David's new tricks this month:
--David can lift his head up 90 degrees from the floor and does mini-pushups.
--More rolling over (and even learning how to do it without bonking his head on the floor)
--David makes all kinds of noise--cooes, oohs, ahhs, squeals, and tries to laugh (he mostly just gets himself worked up and does this gasping for air thing). He even carries on little conversations with you when you talk back to him!
--David has discovered his hands, mouth, and tongue! Such fascination and enjoyment! Everything gets licked and he's even starting to figure out how to suck on his hands, fingers, and thumb.
--A new favorite trick is blowing bubbles with his spit, especially after eating.
--He loves his changing table and being NAKED! He cooes, giggles, and kicks like crazy when getting his diaper changed.

Well, that's our fun this month. As far as Brett and I. . . Brett started track practice, so that's pretty much been his life. His meets have been pretty cold and windy. David and I are anxious for one in nice weather so we can go and watch. Brett loves coming home though to hang out with David. He loves to hold him and play with him. He's teaching him how to "wrestle" and even tried to get him to walk so he could Easter egg hunt! :) He's so playful with him and it's so fun. David gets so excited when he sees his daddy (sometimes even getting so excited he spits up on him!) As for me, I'm still loving my time at home and trying not to think about going back to work! I've hopefully found someone to watch David when I do go back to work though, so that's given me some piece of mind! David and I are also anxious for more good weather so we can go on walks! Well, enough for now!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo's!! And, happy to hear David is happy and thriving, still can't believe he rolls, and lifts his head so much.

    ReplyDelete