Our days of adoption and as "parents in waiting" have been put on hold for the time being. Miracles do happen through the tender mercies of the Lord!!!!! Brett and I finished our adoption papers and were approved as an adoptive couple through LDS family services in June and shortly after found out that I am pregnant and we are expecting our first child somewhere on or around February 22. As for our adoption, it has been put on an administrative hold, we will be offered the opportunity to update our paperwork every year and when our baby is a year old we can open our adoption again if we chose. Adoption is such a WONDERFUL process and even though we are not adopting right now and may or may not adopt in the future, I have gained such a testimony of the selflessness and blessing of adoption and of the wonderful and special spirits of birth parents (especially birth mothers). I can't explain to you my feelings toward adoption and birth parents, but I can tell you that if you are looking at adoption or know of a birth parent interested in adoption, it is worth it!! And LDS Family Services is a wonderful agency for both birth parents and adoptive couples to work with.
I am so grateful that the Lord has seen us worthy enough to bless our lives with a miracle. We were shocked to find out I was finally pregnant. We had prayed for years to be parents, I had received many priesthood blessing, and we had covenanted and worshiped with the Lord in hopes of our dreams to be parents coming true. I KNOW that the reason we are able to have this baby is because of the gospel and priesthood in our lives and the covenants we have made with the Lord. This child is truly a miracle!
Here are some pictures:
Baby Darrington 10 weeks
Mommy Darrington 15 weeks




So not fair. You don't even look the slightest big pregnant yet. You're going to be one of those ones that doesn't show for 6 months! Lucky you! Although you probably wish you would, especially with your 1st... it's a little different with #4. ;)
ReplyDeleteWe're so happy for you! Love you guys!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you, you will be a wonderful Mother, and what a blessing it will be for this special little one to come to you! Thanks for your example.
ReplyDeleteYea! I am so thrilled for you! I totally understand how you feel... enjoy the next few months! You've been given an amazing miracle- treasure all of it! We will watch for pictures and updates later. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWe can't be happier for you all. You are truly ment to be a mother, and i am so happy that the lord has brought this opportunity about. I am especially happy because our children will grow up as close cousins. We love you two so much. Happy thoughts to you!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am so excited for both of you! I know that the Lord wanted you to gain knowledge of the adoption realm and you learned and have taught us in return beautifully. Thanks for the testimony of your experience! I TRULY love you both. Thanks for being a great example!
ReplyDelete